BA Business and Management
BA Business and Management
The Business and Management programme is a specialist work-related programme that prepare students for a successful management career. It covers the key knowledge, understanding practical skills across a range of essential business and management areas such as marketing, accountancy and finance, with particular specialist emphasis in Business Management.
This programme is designed to give you the practical and professional knowledge students need to succeed in today’s business highly competitive sectors by simulating real-world business situations faced by managers through case studies, engaging projects and group work. It will also help you develop personal skills in decision-making, problem-solving and leadership.
- Business and the Business Environment (Core M, 15 Credits)
- Marketing Essentials (Core M, 15 Credits)
- Human Resource Management (Core M, 15 Credits)
- Management and Operations (Core M, 15 Credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Core M, 15 Credits)
- Management Accounting (Optional, 15 Credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (Optional, 15 Credits)
- Financial Accounting (Optional, 15 Credits)
- Research Project (Core M, 30 Credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (Core M, 15 Credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (Optional, 15 Credits)
- Business Strategy (Optional, 15 Credits)
- Principles of Operations Management (Special, 15 Credits)
- Supply Chain Management (Special, 15 Credits)
- Managing and Running a Small Business (Special, 15 Credits)
Progressing to the third year is subject to the successful completion of the first 2 years at Axcel and meeting the university entry requirements.
- Accounting and Finance for Managers (Core M, 20 Credits)
- Business Project (Core M, 20 Credits)
- Social Responsibility of Business (Core M, 20 Credits)
- Global Business Development (Core M, 20 Credits)
In addition to the core modules above, students must take 40 credits of designated modules to achieve the degree
The BA in Business and Management consists of eight mandatory units and seven core specialist units.
Students will cover specific areas such as:
- Business Strategy
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
- Operations and Project Management
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Organisations and Behaviour
This programme provides a global perspective, practical and theoretical knowledge and builds on students’ existing skills. The curriculum has been developed in close collaboration with experts from professional bodies, businesses and universities.
The course is designed to produce highly qualified, job ready graduates who are able to undertake leading roles in a wide range of business management related careers.
|Age||Must be over the age of 16 to gain access onto the Programme|
|Educational Qualification||Foundation year or GCE equivalent|
|English Proficiency||Minimum IELTS UKVI 5.5 or Pass Axcel English Proficiency Test (AEPT)|
Please refer to our entry terms for more details
Th assessments will consist of a combination of presentations, the evaluation of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills, written assignments and projects.
Our graduates from the Business and Management can start their managerial and administrative roles in both the public and private sector, depending on their chose specialisms.
Students graduating from this programme can choose to progress onto a full-time or part-time postgraduate programme at Axcel International Academy. This will enable you to gain a general management qualification such as the MBA.
Our degree is an accepted qualification by the Australian Immigration Office.
Where can this qualification take you?
Below are some examples of job roles:
● Business Manager
● Business Development Manager
● Business Advisor
● Office Manager