BSc Business Computing Systems
BSc Business Computing Systems
All our programmes follow our 2+1 system, studying two years in Istanbul and one year in the UK , the last year will be studied at a partner university in UK. Or study the 3 years at Axcel International Academy in Istanbul.
The Business Computing Systems provides the essential qualities demanded by industry to bridge the IT skills gap. This course will give you those skills, opening up careers in systems analysis, programming, databases and management.
This programme is designed for those who wish to develop their professional expertise and skills across a range of IT and computing and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units. It offers a progression route to the professional qualifications offered by the British Computer Society (BCS).
- Programming (Core, 15 credits)
- Networking (Core, 15 credits)
- Professional Practice (Core, 15 credits)
- Database Design and Development (Core, 15 credits)
- Security (Core, 15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (Core, 15 credits)
- Website Design & Development (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Maths for Computing (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Computing Research Project (Core, 30 credits)
- Business Intelligence (Core, 15 credits)
- Prototyping (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Application Program Interfaces (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Discrete Maths (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Application Development (Specialist, 15 credits)
- E-Commerce & Strategy (Specialist, 15 credits)
Progressing to the third year is subject to the successful completion of the first 2 years at Axcel and meeting the university entry requirements.
- IT Project Management (20 credits)
- Computing Dissertation (40 credits)
- Systems Development Approaches (20 credits)
In addition to the core modules above, students must take 40 credits of designated modules to achieve the degree.
The BSc Business Computing Systems has been designed to focus on developing the learner’s ability in the computing industry through the effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme.
The programme consists of four mandatory units and twelve specialist units. There are more than fifty specialist units with a variety of focuses such as networking, IT security and system architecture.
Students will cover topics such as:
- Website Management
- Management of Projects
- Management in Information Technology
- IT Support for End Users
The programme is designed to enable learners to progress on to further study such as a degree or a Professional Development Qualification offered by Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, CompTIA, Oracle and VM Ware
|Age||Must be over the age of 16 to gain access onto the Programme|
|Educational Qualification||Foundation year or GCE equivalent|
|English Proficiency||Minimum IELTS UKVI 5.5 or Pass Axcel English Proficiency Test (AEPT)|
Please refer to our entry terms for more details
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place of the content of each unit. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. Assessments will consist of a combination of presentations, formal reports, and practical tasks.
Progression from this qualification may well be into or within employment in the IT and computing sectors where learners may work towards membership of the British Computer Society. You may also choose to continue onto postgraduate education.
Our qualification is accepted by the Australian Immigration Office.
Where can this qualification take you?
This course will give you all of the skills and knowledge you need to get work in a range of roles:
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- support or management of web-based systems