All our programmes follow our 2+1 system, studying two years in Istanbul and one year in the UK , the last year will be studied at a partner university in UK. Or study the 3 years at Axcel International Academy in Istanbul.
The Computing programme gives you the opportunity to develop innovative solutions or improvements to current issues in the computing business. The computing industry is growing and evolving and it’s integral to people’s daily lives and businesses.
During this course you will investigate the wide-reaching influences that computers and computing technology have on the world, making your own contributions and finding your place in this industry.
This programme is designed for those who wish to develop their professional expertise and skills across a range of IT and computing and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units. It offers a progression route to the professional qualifications offered by the British Computer Society (BCS).
We teach all our programs either following our 2+1 system, studying two years in Istanbul and one year in the UK , or study the 3 years at Axcel International Academy in Istanbul, the last year being supervised by the British university.
- Programming (Core, 15 credits)
- Networking (Core, 15 credits)
- Professional Practice (Core, 15 credits)
- Database Design and Development (Core, 15 credits)
- Security (Core, 15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (Core, 15 credits)
- Website Design & Development (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Maths for Computing (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Computing Research Project (Core, 30 credits)
- Business Intelligence (Core, 15 credits)
- Cryptography (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Forensics (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Information Security Management (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Application Development (Specialist, 15 credits)
- E-Commerce & Strategy (Specialist, 15 credits)
Progressing to the third year is subject to the successful completion of the first 2 years at Axcel and meeting the university entry requirements.
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques (Core, 20 credits)
- Computing Dissertation (Core, 40 credits)
- Database 3 (Core, 20 credits)
- Cybersecurity and Cryptography (Core, 20 credits)
- Media Technology (Core, 20 credits)
The BSc Computing degree you will cover software engineering methods, database implementation and system design, with multiple users and multiple platforms in mind.
You will also study background theory, including the practical implications of knowledge-based systems, neural networks and evolutionary algorithms on the development of artificial intelligence systems. We will use practical examples in our computer facilities to reinforce your theoretical knowledge.
The programme consists of four mandatory units and twelve specialist units. There are more than fifty specialist units with a variety of focuses such as networking, IT security and system architecture.
Students will cover topics such as:
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques
- Business Intelligence
- Information Security Management
The programme is designed to enable learners to progress on to further study such as a degree or a Professional Development Qualification offered by Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, CompTIA, Oracle and VM Ware
|Age||Must be over the age of 16 to gain access onto the Programme|
|Educational Qualification||Foundation year or GCE equivalent|
|English Proficiency||Minimum IELTS UKVI 5.5 or Pass Axcel English Proficiency Test (AEPT)|
Please refer to our entry terms for more details
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place of the content of each unit. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. Assessments will consist of a combination of presentations, formal reports, and practical tasks.
Progression from this qualification may well be into or within employment in the IT and computing sectors where learners may work towards membership of the British Computer Society. You may also choose to continue onto postgraduate education.
Our qualification is accepted by the Australian Immigration Office.
Where can this qualification take you?
This course will give you all of the skills and knowledge you need to get work in a range of roles:
- computer systems hardware development
- computer networking
- software development
- internet technology