BSc Software Engineering
BSc Software Engineering
All our programmes follow our 2+1 system, studying two years in Istanbul and one year in the UK , the last year will be studied at a partner university in UK. Or study the 3 years at Axcel International Academy in Istanbul.
The Software Engineering is an internationally recognised qualification in the undergraduate level. The Programme is a specialist work-related programme, which provides fundamental competencies, knowledge, and skills for students planning a career in Computing and Systems Development.
the degree focuses on the impact software engineering has on the functionality and performance of products. The computing industry is growing and evolving and it’s integral to people’s daily lives and businesses. During this course you will investigate the wide reaching influences that computers and computing technology have on the world, making your own contributions and finding your place in this industry.
The programme is designed for those who wish to develop their professional expertise and skills across a range of IT and computing and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units. It offers a progression route to the professional qualifications offered by the British Computer Society (BCS).
This qualification is accredited by Pearson Edexcel and delivered by Axcel International Academy.
- Programming (Core, 15 credits)
- Networking (Core, 15 credits)
- Professional Practice (Core, 15 credits)
- Database Design and Development (Core, 15 credits)
- Security (Core, 15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (Core, 15 credits)
- Website Design & Development (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Maths for Computing (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Computing Research Project (Core, 30 credits)
- Business Intelligence (Core, 15 credits)
- Discrete Maths (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Advanced Programming (Specialist, 15 credits)
- Application Development (Specialist, 15 credits)
- E-Commerce & Strategy (Specialist, 15 credits)
Progressing to the third year is subject to the successful completion of the first 2 years at Axcel and meeting the university entry requirements.
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques (20 Credits)
- Computing Dissertation (40 Credits)
- Media Technology (20 Credits)
In addition to the core modules above, students must take 40 credits of designated modules to achieve the degree
The Bsc Software Engineering has been designed to focus on developing the learner’s ability in the computing industry through the effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme.
The programme consists of four mandatory units and twelve specialist units. There are more than fifty specialist units with a variety of focuses such as networking, IT security and system architecture.
Students will cover topics such as:
- Software Applications Testing
- Web Applications Development
- Procedural Programming
- Distributed Software Applications
The programme is designed to enable learners to progress on to further study such as a degree or a Professional Development Qualification offered by Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, CompTIA, Oracle and VM Ware
|Must be over the age of 16 to gain access onto the Programme
|Foundation year or GCE equivalent
|Minimum IELTS UKVI 5.5 or Pass Axcel English Proficiency Test (AEPT)
Please refer to our entry terms for more details
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place of the content of each unit. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. Assessments will consist of a combination of presentations, formal reports, and practical tasks.
Progression from this qualification may well be into or within employment in the IT and computing sectors where learners may work towards membership of the British Computer Society. You may also choose to continue onto postgraduate education.
Our qualification is accepted by the Australian Immigration Office.
Where can this qualification take you?
This course will give you all of the skills and knowledge you need to get work in a range of roles including:
- Software programming
- Systems analysis
- Software testing.